ESOF 2018: Sharing science: towards new horizons
ESOF (EuroScience Open Forum) is the largest interdisciplinary science meeting in Europe. It is dedicated to scientific research and innovation and offers a unique framework for interaction and debate for scientists, innovators, policy makers, business people and the general public.
Created in 2004 by EuroScience, this biennial European forum brings together over 4 000 researchers, educators, business actors, policy makers and journalists from all over the world to discuss breakthroughs in science. More than 40% of the participants are students and young researchers.
ESOF 2018 is constructed around the motto "Sharing science: towards new horizons". The event will be divided into six different sections: "Science", "Science Policy", "Science to Business", "Careers", "Media & Communication" and the festival "Science in the City". Scientific sessions will focus on four cross-cutting themes: "Risk and safety", "Inequalities", "Gender issues", "Ethics" and ten thematic areas:
- Sustainable cities, sustainable living
- Global change: challenges and opportunities
- Science policy and transformation of research practice
- Frontier research and exploring extremes
- Health in our societies
- Understanding divided societies
- New trends and technologies in transport
- The use/mis-use of research and scientific advice
- Sharing knowledge
- A digital world